FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
35 hours per week. Regular schedule during the academic year and summer session: Monday through Friday, 8:45am-4:45pm. (NOTE: During peak registration season, additional evening hours may be required for walk-in registrations and start-up of session. Additional hours may be also required on an occasional basis to cover absence of other employees.)
The successful candidate will have:
- Interest in the Hochstein mission; interest in music/dance
- Excellent, professional phone manner and verbal skills
- Helpful, enthusiastic attitude; ability to serve the public
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple duties simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Word processing skills/experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and Google Documents; fluency in various computer applications/overall digital competency highly desirable
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Associates or Undergraduate degree preferred
- Occasional flexibility in scheduling a plus
- Spanish language skills a plus
Duties include: Management of School’s main office, overseeing 3 part-time office assistants, and working with the Assistant Director/ Dean to provide friendly, professional, and efficient service to students, faculty, and staff; handling phone inquiries from current and prospective students; answering questions about Hochstein programs for the general public and assisting students, parents, and faculty with schedules, payments, etc.; greeting and directing students/parents as they arrive; word processing, maintaining student records, filing, mailing list, and coordination of internal tracking of forms; involvement in planning and support of Hochstein’s special events; scheduling appointments; assisting deans as necessary; processing class registrations; helping to coordinate functions with the office at DUPC; other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director/Dean or the President/Executive Director.
Hourly compensation: $14-$14.50/hour - benefits including health insurance available.
Position available immediately. Please send, fax (585.454.4393), or e-mail resume and letter of interest, including references, as soon as possible to:
The Hochstein School
Attention: Gary Palmer, Assistant Director & Dean
50 N. Plymouth Ave. Rochester, NY 14614
The Hochstein School provides music and dance instruction and arts therapy services to individuals of all ages, levels, abilities, and backgrounds, regardless of financial means. Each year more than 3,500 children, youth, and adults participate in lessons, classes, and ensembles taught by an exceptional 110-member faculty.