Home      Calendar      About       Donate       Register       Pay Bill       E-News       Contact       Search

Vehicles for Hochstein

Are you thinking of selling or trading in that old car, truck, boat, RV, or snowmobile? Why not donate it instead? That old rusty, vehicle could be turned into new, vibrant music and dance at Hochstein!

Why Donate?

  • Avoid the hassles of selling a car, truck boat, RV, or snowmobile.
  • No need to pay hefty repair bills.
  • It’ll free up space in your garage.
  • You’ll receive a tax deduction.

Making a donation is EASY! How does it work?

  1. To get started contact our vehicle donation partner, Vehicles for Charity, at 1.866.628.2277 or fill out the online car donation form (click here or use the link button below) and designate The Hochstein School as your selected charity.
  2. Vehicles for Charity will schedule a free pick-up (usually with 48 hours), process all the DMV paperwork, and sell the vehicle at auction. Vehicles for Charity will send you a tax receipt once your car sells.
  3. Proceeds from your vehicle’s sale will support the programs and services at The Hochstein School and your donation is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.



What can I donate?
You can donate most any vehicle, including cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, and recreational vehicles. They do not have to be currently running. Your vehicle donation will be sold at an auction or to salvage depending on condition. 

Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes, because The Hochstein School is a non-profit organization, donations qualify as a charitable deduction on your federal income tax return.
What do I need to donate my car?

The title to the car must be in your name. We will also need some information about where the car is located and the condition of the car. This will assist us in scheduling appropriate towing arrangements.
Will you pick up my car?
A towing company will call you to schedule the pick-up of your vehicle. You will need to give the driver the keys to the vehicle as well as your signed title.
How is the value of my car determined?
The IRS allows you to take a charitable tax deduction on your federal income tax form equal to the amount the vehicle sells for at auction unless it sells for less than $500. If your vehicle sells for less than $500 you may deduct no more than $500. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you will need to include the IRS form 1098C. Vehicles for Charity will supply this documentation after your vehicle sells. We recommend you consult your tax advisor with questions about your deduction.
Hochstein has partnered with Vehicles For Charity to process donated vehicles. If you have any additional questions about donating your vehicle, please call them at 1.866.628.2277.

If you have questions about how the proceeds from your donation will be used or to confirm that the funds have been received by Hochstein, please contact our Development Department via email at development@hochstein.org or by calling 585-454-4403.