Ways to GIVE to HOCHSTEIN
Building a harmonious and nurturing school is truly a community effort, and we are deeply grateful to all of our extended "family" for their generous gifts of time, dollars, and expertise.
- Online: Please click here to make a secure credit card donation online.
- Phone: Please call the development office at 585.484.0237 and a representative will be happy to process your credit card donation.
- Mail: Checks should be made payable to The Hochstein School and sent to The Hochstein School, Attn: Development Office, 50 N. Plymouth Avenue, Rochester, NY 14614.
- Tribute Gifts: A memorial or honorary gift is a wonderful way to celebrate special occasions, honor a loved one, or pay tribute to the memory of family members or friends. To make a memorial or honorary gift using our secure online giving webpage, please click here. If you wish to direct gifts to Hochstein through an obituary or other means, suggested wording is provided below. “Donations in memory [or in honor] of ___________________will be gratefully accepted by The Hochstein School at 50 N. Plymouth Avenue, Rochester, NY 14614.”
- Stock: Giving stock or appreciated securities is a tax-wise way to support us. Please click here for instructions on how to transfer your gift of stock electronically. Please notify us prior to any stock transfer so that we can properly identify and acknowledge your gift. Notifying us that the transfer is occurring is very important; it is the only way we can credit you for the donation, as your name does not transfer with the stock.
- Vehicles for Hochstein: Instead of selling/trading your old vehicle, you can donate it and support Hochstein’s vibrant music, dance, and expressive programs! To get started, contact our vehicle donation partner Vehicles for Charity, at 1.866.628.2277 or click here to visit our Vehicle Donation page for additional information and to fill out the online car donation form. Designate The Hochstein School as your selected charity. Vehicles for Charity will then schedule a free pick-up (usually within 48 hours), process all the DMV paperwork, and sell the vehicle at auction. Vehicles for Charity will send you a tax receipt once your car sells.
- United Way of Greater Rochester: Please direct your donation to our donor designation number 348.
- New York State Employees' Federal Appeal program: Please use charity code 66-00036.
- Shop on Amazon: AmazonSmile is a service that lets you automatically support Hochstein every time you shop at Amazon.com, at no additional cost to you or the school. The AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Hochstein.
- In-Kind: Donations of equipment and goods (such as musical instruments, strings, rosin, sheet music, books, CDs, office equipment, office supplies, furniture, etc.) are gratefully accepted. Please contact the development department at 585.484.0237 to discuss the proposed donation.
- Bequest: Make a gift after your lifetime through your will or trust. This can be a fixed dollar amount, a specific asset, or a percentage of your estate.
- IRA Charitable Rollover Provision: This allows individuals who have reached age 70½ to donate up to $100,000 to charitable organizations directly from their Individual Retirement Account (IRA), without treating the distribution as taxable income. Please consult the IRS or your tax preparer for details on how you can achieve tax benefits while supporting nonprofits like Hochstein! For other tax-wise and planned giving ideas, here is a handy brochure by the Rochester Area Community Foundation.
- Real Estate: Contributing property after your lifetime or when it is no longer needed can be a game-changing gift. Legal name for estate planning: David Hochstein Memorial Music School, EIN# 16-0768758.
For more information on the David Hochstein Legacy Circle,
visit our Planned Giving page by clicking here.
Thank you for CONSIDERING a GIFT to HOCHSTEIN
Your support at any level makes a difference in the lives of our students! If you have any questions, please contact our Development Department at 585.484.0237 or email email@example.com.
We appreciate your support! Watch our video to learn more about Hochstein.