The Chamber Music Connection (CMC) program offers fun and challenging opportunities to learn the art of ensemble playing and connect with other musicians in a small group setting. Ensembles are formed throughout the year for players of compatible ages and abilities, as permitted from the pool of applicants.
The program features weekly coachings with a faculty member and an extensive schedule of opportunities to participate in workshops, masterclasses, and performances at Hochstein and at numerous community venues.
Specialized offerings within the Chamber Music Connection program provide opportunities for a wide range of students:
- CMC Signature Chamber Ensemble Program, Grades 6-12 – Ensembles of three or more (trios, quartets, quintets, etc.) learn collaborative playing skills and explore a variety of chamber music repertoire. For NYSSMA level 3+ or the equivalent. Open to piano, strings, woodwinds, and brass.
- CMC Prelude Program, Grades 1-5 – An introduction to chamber ensemble playing for young string students who read music and play at a NYSSMA level 3+ or the equivalent. Open to strings only.
- CMC Duo Program, Grades 6-12 – Ensembles of two learn the art of collaborative playing through duet repertoire. For NYSSMA level 3+ or the equivalent. Students may request placement with a specific duo partner or apply individually to be paired. Open to piano, strings, guitar, woodwinds, and brass.
- CMC Instrument Ensembles, Grades 8-12 – Instrument-specific ensembles provide students a chance to improve both individual and ensemble playing technique. For NYSSMA level 4+ or the equivalent. Open to piano, strings, woodwinds, and brass.
- CMC Adult Programs, Ages 18+ - Adult musicians enjoy the opportunity to participate with their peers in a chamber group or instrument-specific ensemble. This program offers weekly coachings and a variety of performance opportunities. Open to piano, strings, woodwinds, brass, and guitar.
If you have questions about Hochstein's Chamber Music Connection program, please contact Doleen Hood, Chamber Music Connection (CMC) Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.