The Hochstein School’s Expressive Arts Department encompasses music therapy, art therapy, and dance movement therapy and serves clients of all ages and abilities. Clients are seen individually and/or in groups. Most individual clients are seen onsite at Hochstein for weekly 30- to 60-minute sessions whereas group sessions are typically run offsite (at group homes, residences, long-term care facilities, and day habilitation programs) and are usually about 60 minutes in length. Art therapy groups typically meet weekly or bi-monthly.
All applicants should have:
- Interest in working with individuals/groups of all ages/abilities, especially children/adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Desire to work collaboratively as part of a team (with faculty, caregivers, and service providers)
- Dedication to maintaining and expanding Hochstein’s art therapy client base
- Passion for the field of art therapy
- Excellent time management skills
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- ATR credential (within 12mo of hire date)
July 5, 2022
Part-time hours to start (3-5 hrs/week with room to grow)
Afternoon/evening availability required
Hourly compensation commensurate with experience
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to Expressive Arts chair Jennifer Phillips at email@example.com.
Hochstein is a diverse community of teachers and learners and BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Hochstein School was founded in commemoration of genius and is dedicated to providing access to opportunity regardless of age, level of skill, ethnicity, or ability to pay. Hochstein’s vibrant community of musicians, dancers, and supporters choose to come together to develop the ability to speak and communicate through music, dance, and expressive arts (music, art, and dance therapy). Established in 1920 as The David Hochstein Memorial Music School, today Hochstein serves approximately 3,500 students annually from a 12-county region surrounding Rochester, N.Y. and continues its commitment to the Rochester community by offering a variety of free and low-cost concerts and performances in the Hochstein Performance Hall and locations around our city throughout the year.