The Hochstein School’s Expressive Arts Department encompasses music therapy, art therapy, and dance movement therapy and serves clients of all ages and abilities. Clients are seen individually and/or in groups. Most individual clients are seen onsite at Hochstein for weekly 30- to 60-minute sessions whereas group sessions are typically run offsite (at group homes, residences, long-term care facilities, and day habilitation programs) and are usually about 60 minutes in length. Art therapy groups typically meet weekly or bi-monthly.
All applicants should have:
- Interest in working with individuals/groups of all ages/abilities, especially children/adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Desire to work collaboratively as part of a team (with faculty, caregivers, and service providers)
- Dedication to maintaining and expanding Hochstein’s art therapy client base
- Passion for the field of art therapy
- Excellent time management skills
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- ATR credential (within 12mo of hire date)
Pending applicant availability, this job is open now.
Part-time hours to start (5-8 hrs/week with room to grow)
Afternoon/evening availability required
Hourly compensation commensurate with experience
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to Expressive Arts chair Jennifer Phillips at email@example.com.
Hochstein is a diverse community of teachers and learners and BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Hochstein School is a vibrant organization in Rochester, NY, offering high-quality instruction in music, dance, and expressive arts (music, art, and dance therapy). Established in 1920 to commemorate the artistry, life, and service of David Hochstein – a prodigious violinist who died serving in World War I – the School welcomes students of all ages, abilities, proficiency levels, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds in an inclusive and accessible environment that provides artistic opportunities for all. More than 100 years after its founding, Hochstein annually serves more than 3,000 students from a 12-county region surrounding Rochester. The School is active throughout the community and provides tuition assistance to more than 50% of its students. The acclaimed Hochstein Performance Hall, located within the school's historic downtown building, hosts concerts and events throughout the year.