Full-time: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Office of the President/Executive Director
The Executive Assistant to the President/Executive Director has responsibility in several important areas of activity for The Hochstein School.
Primary areas are:
- Board of Directors support (Board and committee meetings, communications and hospitality; minutes);
- Managing rental of the School’s facilities, in collaboration with the Operations Manager;
- Maintenance of the School’s performance facilities calendar, in collaboration with the Dean and the Ensembles Coordinator, along with other staff/faculty;
- Front-of-house duties for the School’s two multi-concert series, “Live from Hochstein” and “Spotlight on Faculty,” as well as preparation of concert programs; similar support for other major School events;
- Clerical support for Executive Staff (President/Executive Director, Director of Development, Director of Communications);
- Occasional support for School’s main office, as needed;
- Hospitality for various School events presented to the public (such as concert receptions) as well as in-house activity (meals for audition panels, hospitality for visitors to the President’s Office, etc.);
- Other duties as assigned.
Occasional evening/weekend hours outside the usual Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm office hours are required to provide support for School events.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years related experience, preferably in an arts/education/nonprofit environment
- Superior organization and communication skills, both written and oral
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google G Suite; fluency in other computer applications highly desirable
- Helpful, enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility, persistence, attention to detail
- Experience working with confidential materials desirable
- Keen interest in Hochstein’s mission and programs
Hourly compensation; a range of benefits is available.
Full review of applications will begin May 6, 2019. Please send or e-mail letter of interest and résumé, including references, as soon as possible to: The Hochstein School, Attn: Dr. Margaret Quackenbush, President & Executive Director, 50 N. Plymouth Ave., Rochester, NY 14614; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hochstein School provides music and dance instruction and therapeutic arts services to individuals of all ages, levels of skill and experience, and financial means. Each year over 3,500 students receive instruction from an exceptional 125-member faculty.
Posted: April 22, 2019