Cheryl Johnson, Instructor
Beginning Level: Tuesdays, 5:15-6:15 pm
Intermediate Level: Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30 pm
Safety protocols will be followed for ALL in-person classes including daily health screenings, appropriate distancing, and masks.
Tap dance is a nationally and internationally recognized art form with roots in African-Irish-English-American percussive dance. Tap dance evolved alongside jazz music and continued to evolve with popular music in American culture. Tap Dance Essentials is designed to practice the essential elements of tap dancing.
Students beyond the beginning level are encouraged to sign up for both Beginning and Intermediate Level classes and get the second class at 50% off the regular tuition rate!
Not sure which class is right for you? Follow this guide:
- Absolute Beginners (Beginning Level)
- Advanced-Beginners through Intermediate Level Students (Intermediate Level)
- Teachers and Tap Dance Enthusiasts (both Beginning and Intermediate Levels)
Dance attire for this class:
- Flexible clothing, pant hems at shoe line or above, hair pulled back.
- Tap shoes with screws countersunk.
Fees for the above classes: $10 registration fee; $102* tuition; $78 for students enrolled in individual lessons at Hochstein during summer session. (Fees are as of Summer 2021.)
SPECIAL DANCE SAVINGS: Take one Ballet or Dance Styles class at full tuition, get a second (or more) Ballet or Dance Styles class at 50% off! 50% discount applies to the lower tuition fee. For students already receiving a discount for individual lessons, the second additional class is 50% of full tuition (not the discounted amount).
* Learn more about our Tuition Assistance by clicking here.