Please note: Safety protocols will be followed for ALL in-person classes including daily health screenings, appropriate distancing, and masks.
Wednesdays, 4:15-5:00 pm
Girls and boys will have a blast (and blow off steam!) in this fun introduction to the world of ballet and creative dance! Through the use of games and songs, our Mini-Dancers will learn the names of arm and leg positions, as well as movements such as tendu, plié, relevé, and passé.
Wednesdays, 5:15-6:00 pm
This class is designed to foster interest in pursuing more advanced ballet technique. Children will learn introductory ballet technique as well as body awareness and movement exploration through age-appropriate games and exercises.
Wednesdays, 6:15-7:15 pm
Develop coordination, grace, musicality, flexibility, and balance in this sequential program. Basic ballet technique and vocabulary will be introduced as well as barre work, adagio and allegro movements, and dancing in unison.
Dance attire for these classes:
- Pink footed tights (usually recommended for females)
- OR black footed tights (usually recommended for males)
- Light pink, light blue or light purple leotard (usually recommended for females)
- OR solid light or white t-shirt (usually recommended for males)
- Sheer light-colored skirt permitted
- Ballet slippers
- NO street shoes on the marley floor
- Hair pulled back (long hair in a bun)
- No excessive jewelry
FEES for the above classes: $10 registration fee; $84* tuition. $42 if enrolled in individual lessons at Hochstein during summer session (only one dance class or FUNdamentals class qualifies for discounted class rate). (Fees are as of Summer 2021.)
SPECIAL DANCE SAVINGS: Take one Ballet or Dance Styles class at full tuition, get a second (or more) Ballet or Dance Styles class at 50% off! 50% discount applies to the lower tuition fee. For students already receiving a discount for individual lessons, the second additional class is 50% of full tuition (not the discounted amount).
* Learn more about our Tuition Assistance by clicking here.