Building and nurturing a community school is truly a community effort, and we are deeply grateful to all of our extended "family" for their generous gifts of time, dollars and expertise.
Thank you for considering a gift to Hochstein. Your support at any level makes a difference in the lives of our students!
- To give by mail, send a check payable to Hochstein School of Music & Dance to Whitney Brice, Development Office, 50 N. Plymouth Avenue, Rochester, NY 14614.
- To make a credit card gift by phone, please call the development office at 585-454-4403.
- To make a secure online gift, please click here.
- To give through the United Way of Greater Rochester's annual campaign, direct your donation to our donor designation number: 348.
- To give through the New York State Employees' Federal Appeal program, please use charity code 66-00036.
- Shop with AmazonSmile and support Hochstein at the same time! Click here for details.
We appreciate your support! Watch our video to learn more about Hochstein.
Below are examples of donations and how they make a difference for our students with financial need: (over 1,700 benefited last year)
$250: one month of weekly 1-hour lessons
$150: 9 weeks of group classes, Piano 101 or voice lessons
$117: 9 weeks of Music Fundamentals for a child 6 mos to 8 years old
$75: 5 weeks of Ukulele class for a child or an adult
$29: one ½ hour individual lesson
$17: one trial dance class
Giving Option Highlight
Are you approaching 70 1/2 years old and have an IRA?
Did you know that if you have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) when you turn age 70 1/2, you must begin withdrawing a certain percentage of your IRA? The IRA Charitable Rollover provision allows individuals who have reached age 70½ to donate up to $100,000 to charitable organizations directly from their Individual Retirement Account (IRA), without treating the distribution as taxable income.
Please consult the IRS or your tax preparer for details on how you can achieve tax benefits while supporting nonprofits like Hochstein! Your gift will help make excellent music & dance education available to all in the greater Rochester area through our need-based scholarship program.
For other tax-wise and planned giving ideas, here is a handy brochure by the Rochester Area Community Foundation.