The Hochstein School seeks a dynamic teacher of modern dance for ages 14 - adults.
Tuesday, 7:15 - 8:45 pm
Duties: Planning and teaching a weekly 90-minute modern dance class, in which dancers explore elements of energy, space, and time in depth as they learn body mechanics, gain strength and flexibility, and increase range of motion and coordination.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, engaging personality
- Strong foundation in dance technique
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of modern dance styles; performance experience highly desirable
- Creative, flexible, student-centered approach to teaching
- Ability to create a welcoming, healthy, safe learning environment
- Experience in working with teens and adults of all ages
- Ability to design and create class curricula and performance presentations
- Effective communication skills, oral and written
- Attitude of collaboration
Hourly compensation based on qualifications and experience.
Position available February 2018; the current school year continues through June, followed by a six-week summer session (July – mid-August). The ideal candidate will be available for both the school year and summer program.
Qualified candidates should submit letter of interest, résumé, and contact information for 3 references to: both Gary Palmer, Dean of Students, and Margaret Quackenbush, President & Executive Director via email to: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org