Hochstein is looking for a full-time, 35 hours per week, front office assistant.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:45AM-4:45 pm, with unpaid lunch hour. during the academic year (September through June) and summer session: Additional hours may be required on an occasional basis to cover absence/vacation of other employees and during session start-up periods.
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Interest in Hochstein mission; interest in music/dance
- Excellent, professional phone manner and oral skills
- Helpful, enthusiastic attitude; ability to serve the public
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple duties simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Word processing skills and experience (Microsoft Word. Excel, Google Workspace)
- fluency in various computer applications is highly desirable
- Teamwork skills
- Occasional flexibility in scheduling needed
- At least 2 years of office experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Handling phone inquiries from students, parents, and faculty
- Answering questions about Hochstein programs for the general public and assisting students, parents, and faculty with schedules, payments, etc.
- Greeting and directing students/parents as they arrive
- Word processing, maintaining student records, filing, mailing lists
- Scheduling appointments, answering online inquiries, and monitoring online registration requests
- Experience with creating and handling Google docs
- Creating concert/recital programs and assisting faculty with programs as necessary
- Processing class registrations
- Monitoring the front door as needed
- Assisting the dean staff as needed
- Additional duties as assigned by the Assistant Director/Dean.
Position available immediately; training schedule TBA. Job will remain open until filled.
Compensation: Hourly, $15-$16 starting wage. Position includes a range of benefits, including health coverage. Also eligible for 20% staff discount on lessons and classes at Hochstein.
Please email letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to Dr. Gary Palmer, Assistant Director/Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hochstein is a vibrant organization in Rochester, NY, offering instruction in music, dance, and expressive arts (music, art, and dance therapy). Hochstein annually serves more than 3,500 students from a 12-county region surrounding Rochester. The School is active throughout the community and provides tuition assistance to more than 50% of its students. The acclaimed Hochstein Performance Hall, located within the school's historic downtown building, hosts frequent concerts and events.
The Hochstein School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal opportunities to all persons employed by or seeking employment with the School. The School prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, arrest or conviction record, status as a victim of domestic violence, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, the employee’s or the employee’s dependent’s reproductive health decision-making, and any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.Please visit these links for information regarding employee rights under the Family Medical Leave Act and Employee Polygraph Protection Act..