FACULTY POSITION: VOICE INSTRUCTOR
Position filled - August 2020
The Hochstein School seeks a part-time instructor of voice to provide individual lessons to students ages 12 – adult.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in performance or music education (voice emphasis); Master’s degree is preferred
- strong foundation in vocal performance and technique
- experience in musical theatre a plus
- desire to share one’s knowledge, expertise, and love of music in order to inspire students
- creative, flexible, student-centered approach to teaching
- at least 2 years’ experience teaching children, youth, and adults in individual and/or small group settings
- familiarity with NYSSMA solo evaluation repertoire and procedures
- interest in the Hochstein mission
Schedule: Tuesday/Thursday afternoon/evening hours; potential for additional hours should enrollment require.
Compensation: Hourly, depending on qualifications and experience
To apply: Send letter of interest, résumé, and contact information for 3 references to:
both Dr. Gary Palmer, Assistant Director/Dean, and Dr. Margaret Quackenbush, President & Executive Director via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Position is available in September 2020.
The Hochstein School was founded in commemoration of genius and is dedicated to providing access to opportunity regardless of age, level of skill, ethnicity, or ability to pay. Hochstein’s vibrant community of musicians, dancers, and supporters choose to come together to develop the ability to speak and communicate through music, dance, and expressive arts (music, art, and dance therapy). Established in 1920 as The David Hochstein Memorial Music School, today Hochstein serves approximately 3,500 students annually from a 12-county region surrounding Rochester, N.Y. and continues its commitment to the Rochester community by offering a variety of free and low-cost concerts and performances in the Hochstein Performance Hall, and locations around our city, throughout the year. For more information, visit www.hochstein.org.
Hochstein is a diverse community of teachers and learners and BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.