FACULTY POSITION: PIANO INSTRUCTOR
The Hochstein School seeks a part-time instructor of piano to provide individual lessons to students ages 5 – adult.
The ideal candidate will have:
- the Master’s degree in performance or music education (piano emphasis); Doctorate is a plus
- strong foundation in piano performance and technique
- desire to share one’s knowledge, expertise, and love of music in order to inspire students
- creative, flexible, student-centered approach to teaching
- at least 2 years’ experience teaching children, youth, and adults in individual and/or small group settings
- interest in the Hochstein mission
Schedule: Friday afternoon/evening hours and Saturday morning/afternoon hours; possibility of additional days as needed.
Compensation: Hourly, depending on qualifications and experience
To apply: Send letter of interest, résumé, and contact information for 3 references to:
Dr. Gary Palmer, Assistant Director/Dean, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is available in September 2022.
The Hochstein School was founded in commemoration of genius and is dedicated to providing access to opportunity regardless of age, level of skill, ethnicity, or ability to pay. Hochstein’s vibrant community of musicians, dancers, and supporters choose to come together to develop the ability to speak and communicate through music, dance, and expressive arts (music, art, and dance therapy). Established in 1920 as The David Hochstein Memorial Music School, today Hochstein serves approximately 3,500 students annually from a 12-county region surrounding Rochester, N.Y. and continues its commitment to the Rochester community by offering a variety of free and low-cost concerts and performances in the Hochstein Performance Hall, and locations around our city, throughout the year.
Hochstein is a diverse community of teachers and learners and BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.