Part-Time Seasonal-Temporary DAY CAMP COUNSELOR POSITION AVAILABLE
The Hochstein School seeks a Part-Time seasonal/temporary employee to assist the School’s Arts in Action Camp.
Monday, July 10 through Friday, July 28, 2023.
8:00/8:30 am-5:00 pm; partial-day shifts, actual times dependent on the Camp’s calendar of activities. Fridays may begin as early as 8:00 am; Counselors responsible for After-Care will remain after 5:00 pm until the last child has been picked up.
The position is classified as temporary/seasonal; paid hourly at NYS minimum wage (currently $14.20/hour) and does not include benefits except those mandated by law.
Candidates must have:
- Interest in Hochstein mission; interest in music/dance
- Experience with supervising children (ages 5 to 10)
- Background in instrumental music, vocal music, and/or dance
- Leadership experience preferred
- Friendly, helpful attitude; trustworthy, reliable character
- Ability to work well with Arts in Action Camp director, teachers, and Hochstein staff
- Attention to detail in handling all duties
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Ensuring the safety of campers assigned to your group
- Engaging positively with campers
- Following schedules and transitions in a smooth and organized manner
- Supervising transitions, mealtimes, snack times, and bathroom breaks between classes and activities
- Demonstrating class activities and participating along with campers
- Assisting teachers during class times as needed
- Assisting campers with tasks as needed
Please email letter of interest, résumé, and names/contact information for three references to:
Mrs. Hannah Gieseke, Arts in Action Camp Director: email@example.com
Hochstein is a diverse community of teachers and learners and BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Hochstein School is a vibrant organization in Rochester, NY, offering high-quality instruction in music, dance, and expressive arts (music, art, and dance therapy). Established in 1920 to commemorate the artistry, life, and service of David Hochstein – a prodigious violinist who died serving in World War I – the School welcomes students of all ages, abilities, proficiency levels, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds in an inclusive and accessible environment that provides artistic opportunities for all. More than 100 years after its founding, Hochstein annually serves more than 3,000 students from a 12-county region surrounding Rochester. The School is active throughout the community and provides tuition assistance to more than 50% of its students. The acclaimed Hochstein Performance Hall, located within the school's historic downtown building, hosts concerts and events throughout the year.