Part-Time Temporary HEALTH SCREENER/OFFICE ASSISTANT POSITION AVAILABLE
The Hochstein School seeks a Part-Time temporary employee to assist the School’s operations.
- Mondays and Saturdays, 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 8:30am – 2:30pm
- Start date: Monday, April 12 or as soon as possible.
- Days of work are based on the School’s calendar of lessons and classes. Saturday hours will not be needed after June 19, 2021; other hours may be available depending on the School’s needs during July and August.
- The position is classified as temporary/seasonal; paid hourly at NYS minimum wage (currently $12.50/hour) and does not include benefits except those mandated by law.
- The employee reports to the Assistant Director/Dean and the Operations Manager and works closely with other Hochstein administrative staff.
- Office assistant (Mondays and Saturdays): Handle phone inquiries from current and prospective students, take messages, transfer calls as needed; schedule appointments; assist other staff with basic office functions.
- Health screener (Tuesdays and Wednesdays): Greet all individuals entering the building and carry out health screening, including temperature check using hand-held temperature scanner. Check to see if the individual has completed the online health questionnaire; if not, enter information and responses into the questionnaire. Inform individuals not meeting the entry requirements and provide information on recommended next steps.
- Qualifications required:
- HS Diploma; minimum age 18
- Professional phone manner and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with basic data entry and spreadsheet functions
- Comfortable performing temperature checks using handheld scanner
- Friendly, helpful attitude; trustworthy, reliable character
- Attention to detail in handling all duties
- Word processing skills and experience desirable
- Additional qualifications desired:
- Flexibility in scheduling
To apply: Email résumé and names/contact information for three references, to:
Dr. Margaret Quackenbush, President & Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls.
Hochstein is a diverse community of teachers and learners and BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.