Part-Time Temporary DAY CAMP COUNSELOR POSITION AVAILABLE
The Hochstein School seeks a Part-Time temporary employee to assist the School’s Arts in Action Camp.
Monday – Friday, normally 8:30am – 5:00pm; potential partial-day shifts
Monday, July 12 through Friday, July 23, 2021.
- Scheduled times of work are based on the Camp’s calendar of lessons and classes.
- Performance days may begin as early as 8:00am. Counselors responsible for after care will remain until the last child has been picked up.
- The position is classified as temporary/seasonal; paid hourly at NYS minimum wage (currently $12.50/hour) and does not include benefits except those mandated by law.
- The employee reports to the Arts in Action Director and works closely with other Arts in Action and Hochstein administrative staff.
- Ensure the safety of your assigned camp group
- Facilitate transitions between classes and activities
- Supervise lunch and snacks
- Assist campers with tasks as needed
- Minimum age 17
- Experience with child care (ages 5 to 10) Comfortable with basic data entry and spreadsheet functions
- Background in instrumental music, vocal music, and/or dance
- Leadership experience preferred
- Friendly, helpful attitude; trustworthy, reliable character
- Attention to detail in handling all duties
- Flexibility in scheduling
Email résumé and names/contact information for three references, to:
Mrs. Hannah Gieseke, Arts in Action Camp Director: email@example.com
Hochstein is a diverse community of teachers and learners and BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.